Monday, February 1, 2010

My Girls

Sometimes people come into our lives for a reason. I believe that wholeheartedly. A few years ago when I started working at the University of La Verne, I had a large hole in my heart - one that even my husband couldn't fix. I yearned to be a mother - to be able to comfort, offer support and advice - to guide and love another human being in a motherly way. Then God brought me three girls: Donna, Maxtla & Monse. I know it sounds crazy. They already have parents. Good parents, in fact.

But over the past 2 1/2 years I was able to spend a great deal of time getting to know them, learning their different personalities and working with them at various events. They are amazing girls. Vavacious, Smart and Funny. I've heard their stories, offered advice. Given them my support and most of all, had SO much fun. Creating memories and capturing them too. Last May Donna and Monse graduated and this past Saturday, Maxtla graduated. It was hard to say goodbye to them but I am hoping that we will all stay in touch. Whether it's through facebook, email or in person. I will always be here for them. No matter what.

(Thank you girls for healing my heart! I love you three!)

No comments: