Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stunned. Elated. Over the Moon Happy.

I've really been happier than I've been in years, content with letting go of all the pain and turmoil that PCOS and multiple miscarriages can cause. Completely satisfied with our decision not to try another round of IUI.

Instead, I have been focusing more on my marriage, my career, my Twelve by 2012 and whatever time I have left has been put into organizing fundraisers to raise money for Autism Speaks. But just when life couldn't get any better, something AMAZING happened to completely turn my/our world (willingly and happily) upside down. 

This morning at 4 am to be exact, I was completely and wonderfully caught by surprise


A positive pregnancy test....after literally hundreds of negative ones


I was stunned. elated. over the moon happy.

I immediately woke Leo up to get a second opinion and although he was still half-asleep, he confirmed the same thing I saw - a second line indicating that I was in fact, pregnant! I just stood there for a minute or two. No words - just a great big smile on my face. After some coaxing, I got back into bed and we both lay there talking and planning our next steps. Leo was his usual calm, cool and collected self and me on other hand, not so much.

My brain was buzzing with excitement and I couldn't seem to focus on any one particular thought. After we said everything we could have said on the subject, we both got really quiet I was finally able to relax. I let the idea of me being a Mom swim through my thoughts. Soon after, Leo had to get up to get ready for work and I opted to stay home on the couch to soak it all in. To relish in this moment that I've been waiting for, for nearly four years. I also wanted to be able to talk to my doctor about "the plan" before going back to work. 

Our very first doctor's appointment and ultrasound is scheduled for Friday at 9:30 am and I am off to get ready to go to the lab to have a blood test done. I can't thank all of you enough - for your prayers and encouragement, your love and support through all of this. I am tear-ing up, just thinking about the love that you have all surrounded me with. Today is definitely a very good day! 

Enjoy the Day!
Missy

10 comments:

ADSchill said...

Oh my god!

Pregnancy seems to be sweeping IF world right now. Well not for me, but I am incredibly happy for you Missy. I am praying that your bean is a sticky one and that you are blessed with a healthy pregnancy.
Good luck my dear!

Missy said...

Thank You SO much! Sorry, it ended up taking the post down for a couple of days. (hope I didn't scare you) I just kept having doubts about sharing the news so soon. But then this morning, I realized - I could use all the prayers I can get. I've never made it past the first trimester. Every day that I am still pregnant is a miracle.

I am praying for you too, sweetie. I know it's difficult. Trust me, I've been there. My last miscarriage was in 2007 and that was the last time I had been able to get pregnant...until now.

I wish you lived closer so I could give you a great BIG hug.

xoxo,
Missy

Julie said...

SO aWESOMe!! I tried to read this post yesterday but you had taken it back! Was going to check with you to see what happened but now I don't have to!! Yay! Will keep you in my constant prayers!! So happy for your glee :)hooray hooray!

Missy said...

Thanks, Julie! Sorry. I blame some very cold feet. But today, after making the announcement I am feeling an overwhelming feeling of warmth...and love.

Thank you for your constant love, support and prayers!

Anonymous said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! God is sooooooooooo good!!!!! I am just catching up on blog reading and saw this - CONGRATS!!!! I am so so happy for you, your post brought tears to my eyes. You are so in my prayers!!!!

Heather said...

I am sending prayers your way! Congrats! How very, very wonderful for you!

Missy said...

Thank you SO much! We are both still stunned with pure joy. You are so right, God is Good! Sending you lots of prayer for a smooth and quick delivery.

xoxo,
Missy

H: Thank you so VERY much! We couldn't be happier. Enjoy the day!

Missy

shanna said...

I just came by your blog randomly and I am like you. My husband and I have been trying and even went to the doctor. PCOS. we are going to continue to try and I was looking for success stories and came across this blog. I was so happy for you even though I don't know you and this is an old blog. just thought I would say congrats! and I enjoyed your blog

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Hi Shanna,

Thank you for stopping by!

Jacob - our miracle is nearly nine months old now. It's crazy - never in a million years would I have guessed that we would have had to wait nine years to have him but despite everything - we are SO happy that we didn't give up.

If you ever need anything - have questions or advice, I'd be happy to help.

For me, the things that helped me the most was being able to write stuff down but also the blogging community that I was lucky enough to have by my side.

So..even though we don't know each other, please feel free to message me anytime. If you have a blog, feel free to leave the link.