Monday, February 14, 2011

I dreamed about you


When I was a little girl, I spent many days and nights dreaming about you. I dreamed about what our life would look like: two cute kids, a cat and maybe a dog living in a modest home - minus the picket fence. I thought about the goals we'd set and the dreams we'd make come true. The experiences we'd share, the trips we'd take as a family and the traditions we'd enjoy and carry on. Lazy Saturday morning breakfasts spent at home and holidays split between our parent's homes.

I didn't meet you at a mutual friend's party or at a local hang-out. I didn't run into you on a crowded street or at a family member's wedding. Our story began at a sporting goods store in Montclair, CA - where we both worked. Not the most romantic start of a story but I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that you were the one for SO many reasons. Your smile - infectious. Your gaze - dizzying. Quiet and soft spoken. Your loving spirit and kind soul was evident to everyone who knew you and it was definitely not lost on me.

Quite the contrary - I was smitten.      


As we spent more time together, conversation became easy and I remember us laughing a lot. I loved every minute of those first couple of months we spent together, holding hands, just you and me. Days spent at the beach, talking for hours about our lives, our fears, our hopes and our aspirations. Discussing in great detail what we wanted in our relationship as well as what we didn't want. 

Gravity seemed to take over and I was head over heels in love

When you asked me to officially be your girlfriend, I remember thinking, "I must be the luckiest girl alive" and when you asked me to be your wife on Valentine's Day, I thought to myself, "I can't imagine being any happier than right now...in this moment."  


The best part is I still feel the same way today. Eleven years later and my love for you only continues to grow and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone but you. I love that we have tons of history and I enjoy remembering the trips we've taken, the events we've attended arm in arm, the un-planned trips to the beach, the late night conversations and early morning cuddling - the restaurants we've discovered and the sentimental gifts we've given each other over the years. It all amounts to lots and lots of sweet memories.

The picture of our life today is very different from from the picture I envisioned all those years ago but through our love for each other, the bond we share and the many blessings we have been given, the picture of our life has been beautifully edited and cropped just so to reflect only joy and happiness.

To the Man of my Dreams:
Happy Valentine's Day! 

xoxo, 
Missy  

6 comments:

ADSchill said...

Oh my gosh, this was so sweet. You are adorbale!
Have a good time celebrating tonight!

MissConception

Missy said...

Thank you so much! Hope u and your honey have a great V-day!

xoxo,
Missy

Julie said...

So so sweet and beautifully written! Happy Vday to you and Leo.

Missy said...

Thank you Julie! Hope your day is spent with your hubby and little ones! Happy Valentine's Day! xox

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, so so sweet! Love this post. Happy Valentine's Day, hope you guys had a great day!

PS - love the new blog look!

Missy said...

Thank you so much - we had a great Valentine's Day! Hope you did too! P.S. I'm glad you like the new look - I was a bit unsure if I liked it or not. :)