Thursday, February 24, 2011

All Smiles

Thank you for all of the sweet emails and comments, posts and prayers. These past two days, we have felt completely wrapped in love and prayer - what a great feeling! We are truly blessed to have such amazing and loving people our life.   

Tomorrow marks seven weeks into my pregnancy.  

Every morning when I wake up, it only takes a second for me to get this insanely huge smile on my face. 



To catch you up on the latest: Last Friday, Leo and I went to our first ultrasound. I was naturally very nervous. A bit apprehensive. And a little anxious, which means that I was a cool, calm and collected basket case. (makes sense to me!)

God must of been watching over me because we were called into the exam room within just a few minutes of signing in and then if that wasn't enough, Dr. Jacobson was in our room five minutes later, with a big smile on his face. He joked that he had heard a rumor....we both laughed and I was finally able to relax a little. 

He proceeded with the ultrasound, with Leo by my side, squeezing my hand. Thankfully, it wasn't long before we were able to see our little bean. He/She was too small to measure but we did get to see some flickering, which the doctor explained was the heart beat. This was a HUGE moment for us. Big, because with the previous two, we never saw a heartbeat. Surprisingly, I didn't cry - I was too happy to cry. In those few minutes, nothing else mattered and we couldn't take our eyes off the screen. 

It was just the two of us...watching our little bean on the screen
(Thank you, Jesus!) 

Of course, I had lots of great questions I had planned on asking but they all went out the window because I was still "buzzing" from the ultrasound. Dr. Jacobson took me off work until April 4th, which will get me safely into my second trimester. Bed-rest wasn't mentioned, thank goodness but I am definitely taking it easy, trying to do my best to occupy my time, while Leo is at work.

Sunny and Quincy have proven to be no help as they sleep most of the day but my sisters and nieces paid me a visit yesterday morning to make me a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and biscuits and gravy - what a treat! We had a great time catching up and it felt good to be able to have them here to share in my excitement. It's been a whirlwind these past two weeks: a whirlwind of great happiness, pure love and the knowledge that miracles do happen when you least expect them to. And I'm all smiles.    

Enjoy the Day!
Missy 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all so excited for you and Leo. This is such an exciting time for you both relish in the miracle that a baby truly is and enjoy every moment. I love you. Darla

Missy said...

Thank you SO much, Darla. I am definitely relishing..every single second. Praying for you as well, my friend. Love you too!

Julie said...

Hooray! Hooray! I'm all smiles too! :)

Jesica Le Fort said...

I am soo excited!! :) Malissa, you are such a great blogger. u need to be getting paid for this!!! love you guys!!

Missy said...

Thanks, Jesica! We love you and little Atom so much! xoxo