Thursday, February 10, 2011

i love love.


i love love.

i love using xoxo's at the end of my emails and sealing delicate pink envelopes in hello kitty stickers. i love the color pink and the way it makes me feel when I wear it. (mental note: must where more pink) i love candle-lit dinners, soft fuzzy slippers and pink marshmallows. i believe white peonies are much more romantic looking than your typical rose. i'm a sucker for chick flicks, chick-lit and the cheesier the line, the better - in my book. "Swooner" should have been my middle name. (funny, i know but so true) i love baking to the sound of michael buble...or really any other time of day.

i love that it's february and i can still enjoy a cup of hot cocoa in my favorite oversized black and white mug with a heart shaped handle. (too cute for words) i love the sound of the santa ana winds this time of year at night, in my soft, warm bed. i love discovering new recipes to satisfy my sweet tooth and stationary sets in ever-so-cute packaging. i get giddy when i find a package at my front door step and i daydream about visiting faraway places and meeting the women i aspire to be...one day...soon. i love watching old reruns of the i love lucy show and singing to my favorite musical soundtracks on my way into work. (wicked and phantom to name just a few) 

i love valentine's day. alot. it's the perfect day to reflect on just how loved we are. the friends we cherish. the family members we miss and wish we could see more of and our little ones or in my case, my little creatures - our adorably sassy cats, sunny and quincy. and last but certainly not least, our partners. the ones who still manage to cause our heart to skip a beat. love. true love. sweet glances. light kisses and blissful memories never forgotten. i enjoy sipping sweet sparking wine. i am a what you would call a hopeless romantic - a sucker for love notes and a fan of the queen of everything.

i love traditional necco sweet hearts but a large box of chocolate causes me to squeal in delight. (doesn't everyone respond that way?) i look forward to receiving valentines but i enjoy giving them much, much more. i believe saying "i love you" should be said more and saying "i care" even more. i never get tired of coming up with creative ways to tell my family and friends just how much they mean to me and i love nothing more than showering L.H. a.k.a, my valentine with hugs and kisses. valentines day just seems to fit me like a shoe.

what do you love about valentines day?

xoxo
missy

8 comments:

ADSchill said...

I love many of those things as well, but for some reason my hubby and I decided to order pizza and watch American Psycho last V-day...

I love eating sweets I am not supposed to have. Love spending money I shouldn't spend and getting loads of pretty flowers (even though it's kind of a waste).

Missy said...

that's hilarious...i bet you'd be surprised to hear that i am also a HUGE fan of horror flicks. and you are right - flowers are a waste but I definitely wouldn't turn them away. Lol!

Anonymous said...

This post is so warm and cozy and beautiful! I love love, too. We usually do fondue sometime between the end of Jan (to celebrate our engagement anniversary) and V Day. What do you get your dh?

Missy said...

Mmmmm...love fondue! :) There's this cool jazz bar in this adorable neighborhood in Claremont that does fondue...called the Hip Kitty. So much fun!

I usually buy him a few things he needs but then I always do something sentimental like one year I took a couple of photos to CVS and made it into a collage and then framed it for his desk.

This year I'm working on putting together a scrapbook of the last 10 years together...cards, movie tickets, pictures, etc. - hopefully it will be done in time!

xoxo
Missy

Julie said...

fun to learn more about your loves :). Hope you and Leo have a beautiful Valentine's Day!

annie said...

Your post makes me love love, too.

I love picking out the perfect card for my husband. And it can't be a cheese, music playing $5 Hallmark card. The perfect words are so much better than a top 40 hit blaring at you as soon as the card is opened!

Missy said...

AP - thank you! And I agree! I can spend 20 minutes looking for the right card. Happy Valentine's Day!

xoox,
Missy

Missy said...

Julie - thank u! I'm pretty much can open book. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, my friend!

xoxo,
Missy