Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a Boy! (On the Way)

Note: this is not an actual ultrasound photo

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick post to share our BIG news - We have a baby BOY on the way! Earlier today we had a ultrasound done at the Perinatal Center and the pictures were pretty convincing. Lol!  To say that we are both over the moon with joy is definitely an understatement. It's been a very long road but in hind sight, I honestly couldn't feel more grateful for it all: the good, the bad and yes, (maybe) even the ugly.

I am proud to say that I am going to be a Mom at age 38. I never would have imagined having a baby at this stage in my life but then again, I'm a much better person today than I was even just 3 years ago. I've learned SO much and have been fortunate enough to experience more than my share of independence and indulgence. We're most definitely settled in our home of nearly 11 years and my job is stable - thank goodness!

In September, Leo will turn 40 and we will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary in November. Then for the grand finale, we expect the arrival of our little boy to be on October 15th so it's definitely a year full of reasons to celebrate! Thank you once again for all of your love, support and prayers.

Your constant presence (you know who you are) has meant more than you will ever know.

Enjoy Your Day!
Missy

7 comments:

Julie said...

SO AWESoMe!!!!!!!!!! :)

ADSchill said...

Yay! That's amazing news! I am so happy for you!

Missy said...

Thanks, Julie! :)

Missy said...

Thanks Sweetie - I'm praying for you and your hubby..praying often. xo

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I'm so excited for your girl. What a great fall you have ahead!! I can't wait for all the fun ahead for you and for boy nursery fun. eeee, so exciting!!! CONGRATS!

MrsP said...

I'm a bit late, but Congrats! A baby is a blessing at any age and I'm sure you will be the best mamma to your sweet baby boy. Enjoy!

Missy said...

Dear Mrs. P - thank you So very much! We are definitely excited about his arrival in October. Thank you also for listening (reading) - it really means a great deal to me!