Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Double Dose of Good News

I received a double dose of really good news today.

Leo and I had a doctor's appointment just a few hours ago to go over the results from my prenatal testing and everything came back normal. (Yay!) And now that I think about it, this doctor's visit was very different. Probably because I was different. I didn't spend my whole day worrying about it or pray fitfully in the lobby while waiting for my name to be called and I didn't kick my legs uncontrollably in the room while waiting for the doctor to come in.

It felt nice to (finally) feel in control, safe and secure. 

It was as if all of my fears had quietly fallen by the wayside without so much as a single peep. I wish you could have seen it - I was cool as a cucumber, which most of you know by now is not my normal standard operating procedure. I was happy. Funny, even. It feels great to finally enjoy being pregnant, to take it all in without holding my breath and relish in every single moment. Even moments like this one.   

The second order of good news I wanted to share with all of you is also BIG...monumental even. At least for one very special couple. Remember my friend who had just completed a round of IVF?

Well....she's PREGNANT!

That's right. I nearly screamed when I read her post. She received confirmation just a few days ago - please continue praying for her as she and her hubby navigate through the next few months. It's still a very scary experience - at least in the beginning. When I hear of another couple who have broken through the infertility barrier (literally), it strengthens my belief that dreams do come true and more than anything else, it keeps hope alive for the couples out there who are still working hard to break through.

Thank you, to each and every one of you who said a prayer for her. I really and truly appreciate it.

Last weekend the hubby and I hit another milestone in the pregnancy calendar - we registered at Babies R Us and at Target. I have dreamed about moments like this one for years. And I wasn't disappointed. It was also a great experience for my little sister and I to share. She's a Mom of three, one of them just turned 2 years old so she turned out to be the biggest help.

There is SO much we didn't know.

Like that there are several different types of bottle nipples including slow and regular flow. Um...nope. I didn't know that. And did you know that a box of diapers will run you around $40? Yep, didn't know that either. We obviously have a lot to learn over the next couple of months but we really enjoyed the process and the "schooling" we lovingly received from my little sister.

It's funny, when I think about it...you know...her being the little sister. I never would have imagined that she'd be the one teaching me all of this stuff but I'm so very thankful. She's quite the Mom to my nieces and nephews and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

P.S. We made a huge change recently in regards to the nursery. Instead of the firetruck theme, we are going with Vintage Mickey Mouse. I've always loved anything Disney and he liked the fact that it had a sports feel to it so Vintage Mickey it is! I'll try and post a photo soon!  

Enjoy the Day!
Missy

4 comments:

ADSchill said...

My little sister will be schooling me as well on the weirdness that is baby products. Strange turn of events.

And if you are referring to me as the 'friend'who got her BFP, well I am honored and thankful. If not...yay for your friend!!!

MissConception

Gwen said...

I've been "stalking" your blog for a while now, and I'm so excited for you guys!

I wanted to mention that you should try to do diapers on Amazon Mom. We still haven't been able to conceive, but we are foster parents to a little guy. I get a months worth of diapers on Amazon for $24. They ship them directly to your house for free. We also get wipes on there for $13 every 2 months.

Missy said...

Dear Miss Conception - of course my mention is all about YOU, silly! Congratulations my friend - I am so unbelievably happy for you and for your hubby! xoxo

Missy said...

Dear Gwen - thank you SO very much!

I LOVE it when "stalkers" come forward because I finally get to say hello, how are you, etc. etc.

I know you don't know me & I don't know you but I completely feel your pain with regards to not being able to conceive. I will be praying for you. (another good reason to introduce yourself!)

And thanks for the diaper tip - I will definitely check it out. Sounds like a great deal!

Hope to hear from you again soon and thanks for listening! (reading)

Malissa