Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pink or Blue?

It's almost time - time for our next ultrasound to hopefully be able to find out if it's a boy! or a girl! Don't get me wrong - I'm going to be over the moon happy for either outcome but I guess what I'm excited about is finally being able to plan the nursery, beginning the naming process and registering for little denim overalls or pink ruffled dresses.

I'll be 20 weeks pregnant as of this Friday and I haven't yet allowed myself to buy one stitch of clothing, not one single stuffed toy, blanket or pair of shoes - not even a baby book. So as I sit here on the couch googling and searching through various websites to get ideas, it's easy to get even more excited (and maybe a bit overwhelmed, too!) with the vast array of choices.





There are a few things I am pretty set on like leaning towards using neutral colors as opposed to bright primary colors and I love the idea of having a vinyl mural on the wall - no painting necessary. (if you have any experience with vinyl letters and murals, please share your insights!)

Lastly, I'm seriously considering purchasing a regular set of drawers with a hutch - possibly antique instead of going with a typical nursery set and I would absolutely love to have a comfortable over-sized chair for late night feedings. I even happened upon some cool DIY projects that I may try, like the adorable closet organizers above - how cute are they?

Since I definitely do not have a clue on the subject, please feel free to share with me (and others) your favorite products as well as any products you could have done without. I would really, really appreciate it! 

The BIG DAY (if baby cooperates) is on June 1st- Stay Tuned!

Enjoy the Day!
Missy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I am so excited for you - so close!!! I will keep praying that baby cooperates to show off the goods! :)

We use a lot of vinyl in our house - a lot of it came from Uppercase Living but the most recent order came from Cherry Walls off Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/people/CherryWalls?ref=ls_profile) The shop owner was awesome - she adjusted sizes and helped us add on to the order and in the end I got so much more for my money - it was substantially cheaper and from my UL experience I would say her vinyl was higher quality. She can custom make anything too!

The nursery planning was my favorite part, but I was the same way - there was no touching until we knew if we were having a boy or girl. You can see the vinyl we did a few posts back on the blog if you want to check it out.

Congrats again girl, I can't help but smile everytime I come to your blog because I am so happy for you! Praying for a healthy baby that lets you know if they are a boy or girl - can't wait for the big news!

Missy said...

Thank you so very much for the love and support! and thanks for the info re: the vinyl lettering/murals~! Will definitely check out your blog. Sending lots of love and prayers your way too - for a healthy and safe delivery! xo

MrsP said...

yay! I'm excited for you. I would also go with neutrals.

Missy said...

Mrs. P - thank you so much! Hopefully we will know in just a few hours! :) Thanks so much for reading and posting!

Missy said...

Cherish - thank you so much, girlie! Oh and BTW, we bought our nursery set this past weekend! Should be delivered in 7-14 business days! :)