Friday, August 12, 2011

32 Weeks


Today marks 32 weeks - can you believe it?

This past Wednesday was another big day for Leo and I. We toured the maternity ward of the hospital where Jacob will be born. Altogether there were 18 expecting Mommies with their proud hubbies in attendance. To my delight, there were mini pink and baby blue cupcakes along with assorted cheese and crackers, lemonade and pitchers of iced water with lemon slices - Yum-Oh!!

Then the 12-minute video began by highlighting the history of the hospital, which by the way was built in the early 1900's - not sure I really needed to know that but then it went over the admission process and other important details. Then it was time to walk around the actual maternity ward - our tour guide was a woman by the name of Dee but she quickly announced to us that we could call her Dee-Dee. She was a sweet lady and it was very evident that she loved her job.

We toured the semi-private rooms, the private rooms and the labor rooms. Let's just say I'm hoping to be lucky enough to get a private room. And last on our scheduled tour was the area where the babies are checked and given a thorough examination - we even got to see an adorable 8-pound baby girl who had just been born earlier that afternoon. 

All in all, Leo and I learned a lot and it was nice to get a feel for the space that we would soon bring our baby boy into the world.

Enjoy the Weekend!
Missy

2 comments:

ADSchill said...

I so look forward to the day when I can make that tour! I will be delivering in a brand new hospital too, so I am anxious to see what that looks like!
I can't believe you are 32 weeks!!! WTH!

Missy said...

I know! Time is definitely flying by and I'm positive it will for you too! How is the house coming along - will be able to see any photos soon?