Sunday, November 13, 2011

One Month

It's hard to believe that Jacob will be one month old tomorrow. Someone pinch me -I have a one month old who is currently sleeping soundly just a couple feet away.

I am also SO very happy and a little relieved to report that I am officially (almost) back to normal. Sure, I'm still tired half the time but sleep deprived, I'm not anymore and my hormones seem to be better balanced. No more crying fits. No more feeling completely overwhelmed.

The week that Leo went back to work was scary but as the days passed, I felt more and more confident in my ability to care for Jacob's needs. I even braved our first trip out of the safety of our home by attending a Mom's Group meeting. Afterwards, we headed to Babies R Us to pick up some more formula. All in all, it was a successful trip and I was so glad I did it. It felt great to be able to share Jacob's birth story with the other moms and to hear their stories.

Now, as we head into the one month mark, our day-to-day schedule is slowly but surely coming together and I am definitely able to navigate better through the day's events. (Yay Me!) Bathtime is definitely by far one of my favorite events of the day. I typically bathe him in the kitchen sink because it's the perfect size and it has a window that overlooks the backyard. As soon as I get the temperature just right, I place him in the bubbly water and his whole body immediately relaxes. He kicks his legs as if he is trying to swim, staring out the window, sucking on his tiny little fingers. I love it.

Jacob had his very first doctor's appointment two weeks ago and he was given a clean bill of health. He also weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs. 7 oz. and I'm sure he's gained even more weight since then. We've had several visitors stop by to meet baby Jacob over the past few weeks. I try to take a picture of them holding Jacob for his scrapbook and I also plan to take a picture of him every month leading up to his first birthday to document the changes in him that we are bound to miss or overlook over the next year.

We also received his social security and his medical insurance card in the mail. I literally stared at his social security card, tracing his name with my finger trying to soak it all in. It still amazes me that my little bean is finally here. I have a son and tomorrow he will be one-month old. So perfect and still so new.

2 comments:

Wifey said...

Wow time flies! It doesn't seem possible that he is a month old already. I have to agree that bath time is my favorite too! I am so happy for you, he is one lucky boy to have such great parents!

Missy said...

I know - it's crazy! Thank you so much my friend! :)