Monday, June 25, 2012

Pardon Me

Pardon me - it's just me, the author of this blog. So sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. My life you see has become much bigger than just My Life & Everything in Between. The more accurate title would now be My Life with Leo, Jacob and a Full-Time Job...and Everything in Between.

Not that I'm complaining - I wouldn't trade my current life for a million dollars, no thank you. It's just that life today is SO very different than I could have ever imagined. I live, sleep, breathe and eat being Jacob's Mom and I've learned a great deal over the past 8 months. That's right, Jacob is a little over 8 months old now. I still can't believe it myself - even typing it out doesn't seem to make it any more believable.


The biggest lesson for me by far has been realizing that it's easy to be the very best Mom when everything is going right but when things are going wrong - now that's a whole other story. For instance, when Jacob gets sick, I can sometimes "freak out." Granted, for the most part, they are internal "freak outs" but even still, I know I need to be more cool, calm and collected. Let's just say that this not-so-little task has definitely been added to my list of things to work on. Just don't ask me about it when things are going wrong :)

There have been other things, too that I've learned:

1. You can only be the best Mom YOU can be 
2. Having several spare outfits is very, very important
3. You can NEVER have too many wipes in the diaper bag
4. When in doubt, follow your heart
5. Expect to make mistakes
6. There will be lots of tears and I'm not referring to the baby
7. Sleeping is a luxury, not a necessity 
8. Feeling guilt when you are a working Mom is a given - focus on the positives
9. The best daycare provider doesn't have to be the most expensive
10. They LOVE nothing more than to laugh and play - forget the expensive toys

Thank you for keeping me on your reading list - I promise I will do my best to post more.What would I do without you, I'm not quite sure. I am constantly thinking of those of you who are TTC and those of you who are carrying - I am praying for a healthy, easy and safe pregnancy.

Miracles happen every day!
Jacob is definitely proof of that! 

Missy

2 comments:

ADSchill said...

I am so glad things are going well and little Jacob seems to be thriving. I can imagine how you life will change when being a parent is your main priority. I am sure you are doing an amazing job.
Good to hear from you!

Missy said...

Thanks my friend! It's definitely been a year of amazing changes and experiences. How are you? I'm praying for you and your little Razberry! Hoping and Praying that you have the very best pregnancy and delivery. great big hug!