Friday, June 29, 2012

Party of Three

I'm excited.

For the first time in years I am SO very excited about Summer. I know this is going to sound strange but I've never really looked forward to it, unless there was a trip planned or a special event to attend. Mainly because Summer to me has always meant lots of opportunities to spend time with your kids so for years I've participated in things but always with the angst of not having any kids of our own. 

The barbeques - playing outside - going to the park - running through the sprinklers - eating watermelon without a care in the world - bonfires at the beach - day trips to the zoo, the museum, a festival or the fair. Granted, Jacob isn't nearly old enough for most of these places and experiences but I don't care. Just the fact that we will have him there to hold, watch and observe the going's on this Summer - together - that is more than enough for me.

And for the future, my head is literally spinning from all of the things I want him to experience, see, feel and touch. My Pinterest board that is almost too obviously titled, "Our Family Bucket List" is literally busting with ideas of places, day trips, activities and games to enjoy as a family. Eventually, some day I know he will begin to get tired of "family time" and opt to hang out with his friends, but until then let's just say I'm planning on taking full advantage of the time Leo and I have with him now.

Kaboose Summer Fun Guide
Summer 2012 - Kid's Summer Ideas
Things to Do with Kids in Southern California
Things to Do in Southern California for Kids
Day Trippen
15 Places Your Kids Should See Before15
75 Things to Do with Kids
60 Summer Activities
100 Free Things to Do with Your Kids This Summer
DIY Outdoor Movie Night
500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up

I am seriously giddy.

We are a party of three and our memory making years are starting now. (heart swelling)

Enjoy the day!

Missy

1 comment:

Punch Blogger said...

Oh I wish we were in California. Your list of fun things to do seems so much more appealing than the options we have here in the Midwest, lol. Or maybe I just really want to see the beach :) I hope the summer is being good to you all. I love seeing Jacob's photos, he is growing up so fast!