Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Jake's 3rd Birthday

WOW!
That would be one way to describe how I feel when I say out loud, "He's 3." I still can't believe it. I also can't believe that I didn't post anything about his party so I'm just going to keep reminding myself, "better late than never."

We celebrated Jake's birthday on Saturday, October 18th at the Chino Children's Museum, which is basically a pretend city for toddlers complete with buildings, doors and activities perfect for their size and age. The theme was Spider Man and lucky for me, Dollar Tree had tons of Spider Man stuff that worked perfectly for the goody bags. Each child received a mini puzzle, a coloring book, crayons, snacks and candy - all in Spider Man packaging.
We ordered the food through a local Italian restaurant so the menu included pizza for the kids and salad, pasta and bread sticks for the adults. Once again, we ordered the cake from our favorite go-to person who hit it out of the park with her cake decorating skills.
Jake was so excited when we walked into the building. He kept saying, "I'm so happy," which of course made me melt every time he said it. If I could change one thing, it would have just been more time in the party room because the two hours that we were given went by in what seemed like light speed but I loved that I could relax and really enjoy the party. A big indicator of that was I was able to sit down and eat. That's never happens. Ever.

I was really able to soak in every bit of goodness going on around me; the laughs, the smiles and the conversations. When we sang him happy birthday, he sang right along with us with a huge smile on his face.

I found myself reminiscing over the course of the party - thinking about the milestones he's had over the last three years. He's growing up so fast and although we have our off days, we also have so much fun. This can be a difficult age but it is also so great to be able to have a conversation with him - to be able to sing along to his favorite songs and discover new things together.

He makes me laugh and he has such a big heart. What can I say...I'm a lucky Mommy!

At age 3, Jake is a fan of:

Macaroni and Cheese
Turkey Sandwiches
Milk
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Finding Nemo
Spiderman
Trains
Singing
Dancing

No comments: