Friday, October 14, 2011

Me at 39 Weeks & 6 Days: Joyful


I'm 39 weeks and 6 days as of today and so far, I haven't had any pre-labor signs. At my doctor's appointment this past Monday, the doctor evaluated me to determine whether or not inducing me would be appropriate at this point. Without going into details, let's just say that the answer was no. So! I've been keeping myself busy with little projects around the house and I've been spending far too much time on pinterest - my newest fave website.
(check out my "pins" here)

For the usual reasons, I haven't been sleeping well at night but overall, I am feeling really good, especially throughout the day. No unusal food cravings to speak of and my weight has been in check this whole time, which I am very happy about. (I've only gained 21 pounds) The only other thing I've been trying to grapple with is the emotional rollercoaster I seem to be on. One minute I'm fine and the next I'm grabbing the box of tissues. I am sure it's normal at this stage - plus there are just so many emotions going on inside this complicated brain of mine.

The good news is, Jacob is almost here. I keep telling myself that over and over. The wait is nearly over - thank you, God. No more wishing, hoping and praying. He is on his way to me. That fact makes everything else seem so small and insignifigant. The past few days have been quiet but in my mind and in my heart, I have been celebrating. It feels as though a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders because I don't have to wait, wonder and worry anymore and my heart is filled to capacity with joy.

I guess that would be the best way to describe how I am feeling today at 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant: Joyful

Enjoy the Day!
Missy

No comments: