Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kitty Issues & The Not-So-Little Episode

Image Credit: Binary Rock

I think Quincy is feeling neglected. Every morning I wake up to a pile of toilet paper on the bathroom floor and yesterday while I was putting clothes away in Jacob's room, he attempted to jump on to the crib and failed miserably causing several large gashes in the beautiful espresso colored wood. I about died - I know - seems overly dramatic, even for me, but I literally (brace yourself for yet another episode) broke down into tears. Again.

Before you jump to conclusions because I know it will be easy to do at this point, first let me just say that the crib is perfectly brand new, lovingly purchased by my Mom and Step-Dad. And Leo had just put it together not more than two days ago. He positioned it in the perfect spot in the nursery and I was in the process of putting on the freshly washed sheets. It was pristine and so....perfect.

That was probably a very poor attempt to get you to see why I reacted the way I did but unfortunately, it doesn't end there - it gets worse. Can any of you guess what my next move was? That is after the crying and yelling directed at Quincy. I called Leo in tears. Again. Poor Leo - he must think his wife's body has been overtaken by aliens at this point because every time I call, I'm either crying or frustrated. This not-so-little episode definitely takes the cake. 

Again, he calmed me down telling me that it can be fixed and that even if it couldn't be, the crib is just that - a crib. And again, I felt silly. It still took me over an hour before I could even look at Quincy, much less pet him, tell him everything was okay and how sorry I was for getting upset with him. (Yes, my cat and I have one-sided conversations from time to time) And trust me, he heard me because as soon as I finished, he went straight for his food bowl.
(Quincy is an emotional eater, just like his Mommy)

I keep using the words, "lesson learned" but with this issue, I think it's pretty obvious that I have a long way to go and it is going to be harder than I thought. Not because I don't want to change this about myself but because for me, it really is a knee-jerk reaction. Plus, I have to believe that my raging hormones are a large contributing factor at this point. (I sincerely hope)

On a more positive note, I finished the "baby laundry" yesterday. Jacob's bag is packed and my bag is about 75% ready. Just need to put a bag together for Leo. I even have a bag of goodies for the nurse's station - in hopes that I can "sweeten" them up. Yes, I am one smart cookie when I want to be. Today, I need to make one more trip to Target, hopefully without incident and then I can officially say, I'm ready."

As usual, thank you for (still) listening. I'm sure this subject will come up again. And again. But hopefully not for awhile. For both our sakes. And Leo's. :)

Enjoy the Day!
Missy

4 comments:

Deb said...

I got the chills at the end of the story, when you said that you're ready! I love you, Malis, and I know you will be the best mommy for your best little boy. Cheers to being ready, and tears to join your "episodes." Oh and you know what? I would have cried too! ;)

Missy said...

Thanks, Deb! Especially for also being the type who would cry over something like this. Makes me feel SO much better and thank you for the encouraging words. As of just a few minutes ago, my bag is ready and I've decided to let Leo pack his cause I'm pooped! :)

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee!! Too funny! Hormones....You just can't fight it! Give in to the tears. ; ) At least you can say Quincy was the culprit. Joaquin was the one who gnawed on his crib. LOL!

Darlene

Missy said...

Thanks Darlene - at this point, I definitely feel as though my emotions have been highjacked so I'm not fighting it anymore. Poor Leo. Glad Jacob's crib isn't going to be the only one with scratches. :)