Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Bliss

Homemade Bliss.

That would be my short and sweet description for all of the beautiful handmade blankets Jacob received: Crocheted blankets, tie fleece blankets, blankets embroidered with his name and even an antique fire truck quilt.

One particular blanket is extra special to me because it was made from material that my Mom had been holding on to since my little brother, Mario was a baby. When I read the card, just before opening the box carrying a beautiful Winnie the Pooh blanket, my heart filled up with love knowing just how special this blanket was to her and now to me and one day it will be very special to Jacob, too.  


Blankets hand-made by the people you love - I really don't think there is anything better. Every time I wrap Jacob in one of these blankets, I smile and my heart warms a little knowing that love went into every stitch and into every tie.

Because they are so special, I make it a point to use a different blanket every month and when I photograph Jacob, I always use one in the background and not just to commemorate the blanket for me but also for Jacob and who knows, maybe one day he will wrap his own baby boy or girl in the very same same blankets with a smile and a warmed heart.
 
One Month Old

Two Months Old

Three Months Old

3 comments:

Melissa K Bauer said...

You both are absolutely adorable - and I love the blanket with the stars.

Anonymous said...

The blankets are great and so precious. There is so much more than just warmth that comes from a handmade blanket. I still have my crocheted blanket my Grandma made me and I adore it. The heirloom factor is nothing you could ever pay for at a store. My Aunt made a blanket for K but passed this summer before she got to meet K. I love that I have that blanket to tell her about as she gets older. Homemade is amazing and while the blankets are fantastic - Jacob is the show stealer! He is adorable

Missy said...

Complete agree! and thanks, I think he looks just like his Daddy! xo