Friday, January 6, 2012

My 2012 New Year's Resolution


Hello all - it's that time of year again when we sit down and write down all of the things we would like to accomplish in the coming year and for some reason, I have already hit the ground running. Something about having Jake in my life makes me want to be a better person. This year I took an idea from a fellow blogger (who I just adore) and created categories for this year's goals, which are as follows: 

Health:

1. Limit fast food meals to 3 total per week
2. Lose 10-15 pounds (or at the very least maintain my current weight)
3. Plan healthier home-cooked meals at least 4 days a week

Jake
1. Create a more consistent bedtime routine
2. Break the habit of Jake sleeping in our bed by 6 months old

Home:

1. Finally decorate our bedroom
2. Create a picture wall in our stairway
3. Organize Jake's closet by adding shelving and double rods
4. Hang shelves and other items on Jake's walls
5. Create a guest bedroom

Blogging, Journaling & Scrapbooking
1. Blog a minimum of every other day
2. Scrapbook #1: Baby showers
3. Scrapbook #2: Jake's first year
4. Start journaling daily thoughts & record Jake's milestones
5. Figure out the cheapest way to print photos taken for past 5 years, then get to printing! 

Other
1. Organize rummage/bake sale to raise money for Autism Speaks
2. Have a quilt made from my favorite Jake outfits  
3. Purchase some sort of jewelry in remembrance of my two angels 01/06/12

As you can see, I'm going to be a very busy girl in 2012 but something tells me that the things that the one thing that is bound to fall by the wayside is the scrapbooking because when faced with either playing with Jake and scrapbooking, playing with him will always win. One idea I have is to utilize my lunch hour during the work week, even if I just dedicate 1-2 days per week - it's better than nothing, I figure.

So...enough about me - what's on your new year's resolution?

Enjoy the day!
Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the details and I have no doubt you will succeed with flying colors. My goal for 2012 is to stop making excuses - I have specifics but really overall that fits in every category. Stop with the excuses - start doing!!!

Missy said...

That's a good one! I should have that at the top of my list! :)