Thursday, December 2, 2010

100 Joys: Day 1

One of my fave bloggers, Sarah Markley of The Best Days of My Life started this project for the month of December and the goal is to find 100 Joys. Simple as that.

It's easy to get caught up in worrying about all the things in life that you wished you could change or fix but what if we had a distraction? What if we made a choice to focus on the joys in our life? If you would like to participate, check out Sarah's blog and be sure to grab her 100 Joys button on the sidebar. 

#1: Joyful Reading
The simple act of reading a good magazine. The recipes, the craft projects and the short stories. The pretty pictures and style ideas. Inspiration and joy, for me, is usually presented to me visually first and foremost. 

#2: Packaged Joy
Sending packages to my loved ones. I get giddy when I am filling it with all of the things that I know they will love. These particular boxes are for my brother and sister-in-law who are serving in the Army National Guard in Iraq. Knowing that they will be home soon makes me even giddier.


#3: A Joy-ful Bulletin Board
I picked up this really great bulletin board from Ross a little over a year ago for my office and it wasn't long before it was filled with pictures and cards. A great daily reminder of the all the joy in my life.

This post is part of 100 Joys by Sarah Markley, author of The Best Days of My Life. I encourage you to visit her site and find out how to be a part of 100 Joys. (Be sure to grab the 100 Joys button from Sarah's sidebar for your own site)

No comments: