Monday, December 27, 2010

Visiting, Shopping and Eating.

I've been in Utah visiting my Mom and Step Dad since Saturday. The flight was easy - no long lines or crowds shuffling through the corridors of Ontario airport. I stopped in my calm haste to pick up some reading material for my flight and headed to my gate, sat down in a quiet spot and settled in to read a couple of pages before were called to board the plane.

This was my first time flying Southwest so I had no idea when I boarded where to sit and wondered why they took my ticket at the gate - I felt a tinge of panic in my chest before a flight attendent told the girl in front of me that we could sit wherever we wanted. What? I'd never heard those words before on any other flight. It felt kind of strange but it wasn't long before I found a aisle seat near the back of the plane.

Then I sat back and read some more...SO nice!

So far my visit has mostly consisted of sleeping in until 8:30 am, eating breakfast with Mom and Chuck and then hitting the After Christmas sales. We have hit not just one Target but two plus Walmart, Bath and Body Works and Kohl's. I've definitely learned on this trip that together, we are dangerous. Lethal even, zero-ing in on the must-have's and the too-cheap-to-pass-up's. We always gravitate to the Christmas section in the back corner of the store in search of pretty ornaments, dirt cheap gift labels and party wares for next year.


Gift labels for next year for .65 each!

A mix to make some fish shaped treats for Quincy and Sunny

At Kohl's we bought warm clothing to get us through the rest of the wintery season. I managed to pick-up two great sweaters (I love the styles out this season) that normally retail for $40 for $13 and I also found some beautiful blingy picture frames that will adorn our mantle next holiday season that were 60% off.


And at Bath and Body Works I snagged some Twilight inspired body wash and lotion called Twilight Woods that has a woodsy yet sweet smell to it, my favorite CO. Bigelow mint lip gloss in Barely There tint and some chocolate peppermint fragrance refills for my wallflowers. The full size body wash and the 2-pack of refills were $5 and the mini lotion was only $3.

Today we went to see "Little Fockers" - it was funny. Predictably funny but still funny and then we enjoyed lunch at Chili's complete with a pomegranite margarita for me and for Mom - a neon green concoction that was a spin-off from your typical long island iced tea. Tomorrow the plan is to stay inside and bake as a storm comes in to bring in more snow. Should be fun and relaxing. It's been a great trip so far - chatting and relaxing, shopping and eating far too much. I guess now my only worry is how I'm going to get everything home!  

P.S. If you like "Chick-Lit" I highly recommend the book above!

I hope all of you are enjoying what is left of this beautiful holiday season

XOXO,
Malissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun! After Christmas deals are the best!!!!

Deb said...

So happy that you're having such a wonderful time, making great memories. =)

Missy said...

Yes - fun it has been! I tried packing the suitcase my Mom is letting me borrow and let's just say, I gave up after 20 minutes. Lol!

Deb - thank you! I feel so blessed to be able to be here to spend quality time with my Mom. love you!