Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 2: 100 Joys

                                         
#4: Joy in a Cup
Could it be possible? I think so. Call me crazy but there is something in my  drink of choice that instantly makes everything okay. Strange, I know. Just the smell of coffee makes me "perk up" - no pun intended.

To top things off, my local Starbucks just feels like home - warm and cozy. And because I'm a regular, they know my name (just like the theme song from Cheers) And occasionally I don't even have to wait for my drink at the bar because the barista will start making my drink when he/she sees me in line. (I know...so nice!) 


#5: Joyful Creatures
When Leo and I are sitting on the couch, it only takes a few minutes for Sunny and Quincy to end up in our laps. Sunny, who I lovingly call the "Cuddle Monster" absolutely loves to cuddle. They both bring so much joy into our lives, just by being there.


#6: A Joy-Ful Partnership
My hubby is a HUGE source of joy for me. The first thing I fell in love with was his smile and his genuine concern for others. He is an amazing provider and my very best friend. His laid-back personality helps me keep my sometimes flailing feet on the ground. My favorite place in the whole wide world is in his arms. 

#7: Candles Aglow with Joy
Candles have a way of soothing the soul. Maybe it's the flickering flame or the fragrance it emits into the air of every room. Or a combination of both. This adorable candle holder was a Christmas gift from my Mom last year and it sits on my desk omitting the smell of vanilla and spice - a simple joy but still a joy none the less.

This post is part of 100 Joys by Sarah Markley, author of The Best Days of My Life. I encourage you to visit her site and find out how to be a part of 100 Joys. (Be sure to grab the 100 Joys button from Sarah's sidebar for your own site)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this idea!!!

Missy said...

Thanks but it's actually not my idea. The idea came from a fellow blogger, Sarah Markley of The Best Days of my Life. Check out the 100 Joys button on the sidebar for more info!

Deb said...

I finally figured out how to become a Follower on your Blog! Better late than never. lol
Love you, Malis.
xoxoxoxo

Missy said...

Yay! :) Love you too, Deb! xoxoxoxo