Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not Ready for the Sun

I'm not ready for the sun just yet. I know it sounds strange coming from a girl who was born and raised in California but it's true. I love the cold...the wind...and the rain. Especially when I'm at home...warm and cozy typing away while the wind blows through the vents and rattles the windows. Somehow it calms me. Again, I know it's strange.

I'm hoping for just a few more weeks of pre-empted warmth. The feeling you get when you are drinking a cup of hot chocolate, the way it warms you from the inside out. The ability to wear a brightly colored scarf without a look or a smirk. The need for a warm and cozy polar fleece blanket on our bed and my favorite leopard printed umbrella. My long wool coats and my short leather jacket.

Soon I will have to trade them all in for things like flip-flops, cotton sheets and sunscreen. Pare down. Wear less and feel more. But for now, I plan to enjoy every cold/windy/rainy day that comes my way. The storage boxes will have to wait. I'm in no rush. Again, I know it's strange.

No comments: