Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Worthwhile Trip

I made a trip to my favorite thrift store today. Despite the rain, I made the effort for me. To think. Uncompress and just be. It's always the perfect place for thinking - quiet and serene.

Everyone seemed to be the same mission - to find a good deal and uncover a few "forgotten treasures." I walked each aisle careful to notice each vase, each case and bauble. I even took the time to sift, to open and inspect. Then I wandered over the my favorite corner - the "book nook" complete with a single wooden chair inviting any passerby to sit awhile. Contemplate and read. I plopped myself down and took it all in. One title at a time, I read the inside cover to figure out if it was a promising "good read."

Within minutes, I felt calm and even content. To sit and be still. To consider and sumise. After careful consideration, I picked out 7 books - mostly romance and chick lit but also a couple of self help books for good measure. I tucked them under my arm, happy that I had spent the time. Quality time for myself and no other. It was a very good trip. A worthwhile trip to my favorite thrift store. (Note: books at a thrift store are anywhere from .50 to $3.00 - what a deal!)

No comments: