Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 1 of Round 1

Today is The Day!

Today marks the first day of round one. (gulp) On day three, I start taking clomid once a day for 5 days - to stimulate my ovaries. Then on day 9, I will go in for my first injection of FSH to further stimulate my ovaries. (fun stuff, I know) Next, I will have an ultrasound on day 12 to see if my body is responding to the medication. This will definitely be an important day because if it works, we can move on to scheduling the artificial insemination. (Hoping, praying and keeping our fingers crossed)

I am recording this season of Giuliana and Bill on Style Network so last night I was able to watch the first two episodes. In episode one, they attempted one round of artificial insemination but were unsuccessful and in the second episode, they tried IVF and were given the good news that they were pregnant. Unfortunately, I already know how it all ends. Sadly, Giuliana ends up miscarrying and then trying IVF a second time. My heart breaks for them but I have to admit, I am also really HAPPY that they decided to share their story so that they can use their semi-celebrity status to hopefully shed some light on this very important and ever growing issue. If you have the ability to TIVO, I highly recommend recording it! If you don't mind, silly, cheesy, funny shows. And don't worry - it's not depressing, I promise! Mostly due to Guiliana - she's a crack-up!

Just a little side-note, as I left for work this morning, I couldn't resist putting the car in idle to take a photo of the roses that are blooming in front of our house. (Thanks to Leo!)

As always, thank you for listening (reading)!

3 comments:

Shonee said...

AWWW Mal I am excited to see you taking this journey! I will be here to support you! To love on you and to tell a funny joke when you need it!
Let Go Malissa and Leo!!!!

Julie said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I am praying that all goes well the FIRST time!! :)

Missy said...

Shonee,

thanks SO much my friend!

xoxo,
Malissa


Julie,

Thanks! Something tells me I am going to need it. But seriously, thank you so much, Julie - for your constant support and prayers. (amidst everything you are going through) I am still praying for you and for Andrew.

Love,
Malissa