Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 12: Ultrasound = Green Light

I just wanted to write a quick post to let you all know how this morning's ultrasound went.  Overall, it went really well.

The ultrasound technician evaluated and measured the lining of my uterus and my ovaries to see how I responded to the medication. The good news is, I have two eggs in each ovary. (Yay!)  She also pointed out though that they were a bit smaller than she would have liked to see and she was also concerned about the lining being thin so she prescribed a medication called Estradiol, which is basically a man-made form of estrogen to help thicken the lining.  It was sort of comical because while she was measuring and re-measuring the lining, she asked me twice if I had been experiencing any hot flashes.  I told her "no" but immediately thought, "Wait - had I?" Lol!
 
After the technician went over the plan for the next few days, the nurse came in to show Leo how to administer the second injection, which is scheduled for Wednesday between 4-6pm and then on Friday we will be ready for our biggest day yet - the artificial insemination! 

Still holding on to hope!
Thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting :-)I'll be praying for you guys!!
XOXO~Nicki

Missy said...

Thank you so much, Nicki! xoxoxo