Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lucky Girl

Photo by: Cuba Gallery

 I am a Very Lucky Girl

Lucky to be alive. Lucky to be free.
Lucky to have a husband who is gracious and giving.
Lucky to have two cats that can turn my frown upside down in 2 seconds flat. 

And lucky to have so many women in my life who constantly inspire me to do more, accomplish more and want more out of life. Blessed by women who are successful business owners and women who rescue abandoned animals in their spare time. Lucky to know a woman who built a big red barn with her own two hands, where she lives and runs a successful farming membership business - doing what she loves. Lucky to know women who sing and women who teach. Women who foster children and women who have given neglected and abused children a second chance in life, through adoption. Women who blog and and women who could use "Dr." in their name, but opt not to.

Women who cook as if they attended the very best culinary schools and women who are in my opinion, the best Mommy's in the whole wide world (ok, so I am a bit biased) Women who have made it their life's work to take care of patients and women who use their own painful experiences to support and counsel others. I am lucky. Lucky to have a friend by the name of Julie, who inspires me everyday through her courage and determination to stay positive, despite her little boy's battle with cancer. She's nothing short of amazing. I am lucky to know women who choose to fight and refuse to let cancer win. Their courage. Their strength and their stories inspire me to fight back but also to appreciate what I have and to live life to it's fullest.

I am very lucky. I have a never-ending stream of motivation - available to me at a moment's notice - through the world of blogging. A gift that keeps on giving. I am lucky. Lucky to have the guidance and the support of those who have traveled the same roads, experienced the same grief and explored the same options. Through my relationships, friendships, and through reading other blogs written by women, I am able to gain perspective. Learn and grow. Heal. Understand and feel whole again.

I am a very lucky girl. Constantly inspired to "get out" and to "get going." To be creative and capture that "perfect moment" on my camera. Captivated by color. Encouraged to write. Motivated to "stand up" and determined to get my life back in track. Moved to wake up early to watch the sunrise and really enjoy the moments that I might otherwise let pass me by. Open to documenting my life and the lives of those closest to me via this tiny little corner in the great big world of blogging. Dead set on purging all of the negative thoughts in my head and steadfast on holding on to the positive ones. Knowing all along that negativity won't do a bit of good. I am encouraged and supported daily, by the lives you lead, the examples you give and by your comments, prayers and love. 

I am in very good company. And in good hands.
I am a very lucky girl.

Thank you!
U know who you are!
xoxo

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am lucky to know you as well. You are beautiful Malissa.

Missy said...

Thanks Julie!

P.S. I revised it a bit and added a link to your blog, hope u don't mind.

XoXo,
Malissa